Wednesday, February 5, 2014

2013 A Year In Review

I know. I'm a little late with this post. It's the first week of February, all ready the new year and has been for a whole month. But, I've  been feeling like I haven't done anything lately so I thought it would be a good idea to look at all I accomplished last year.


Awakened got a face lift and a few query tries. I sent out about eight queries and I got one full request but they passed and the rest were rejections. Then I pulled it and decided I wasn't quite happy enough with it so it's back on the edit block.

The Princess And The Thief, the collab I wrote with the amazing Kelley Lynn, got polished to a pretty shine. We sent a bunch of queries out and got a revise and resubmit. (WooHoo) We revised it and resubmitted it (just waiting to hear back) and also sent a few more queries out on it.

Pulling The Treads, the NA book I was working on at the beginning of last year got put on hold. I'm about 20,000 words into it.

Secret Catch, The collab I'm writing with the wonderful Cassie Mae, is almost finished!! We started it shortly before NaNo and should finish in in just a few weeks.

One Night, a tentatively titled adult project I started around NaNo also has about 20,000 word into it.

Obviously last year I didn't blog much. I did go to two conferences: LDStorymakers in April and SCBWI in October.

And last but not least, I had my short story, The Best Gift Ever, published in the collection titled The Spirit of Christmas. It included shorts from J.A. Bennett, Kelley Lynn, Cassie Mae, and David Powers King. And all the proceeds went to charity.

Now that I write it all out I did actually accomplish stuff. What about you? Did you have a good year?

Photobucket

10 comments:

Natalie Aguirre said...

Awesome you got some requests for full manuscripts and a revise request. Fingers crossed for you. Sounds like you got lots of writing done last year.

Elise Fallson said...

Sounds like 2013 was a building year but like you said, you did get a lot accomplished. And congratulations on getting your short story published, that's great! Can't wait to hear what 2014 has in store for us. :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That's a lot for one year! Cool you're doing a book with Cassie.

Barbara Watson said...

That's a great year! Cheers to this one and building on the last one.

Rena said...

Sounds like you had a huge year! Look at all that amazing stuff you got done! As for me, it was a good year, but I'm ready for something new. We'll see!

Suzi said...

You had a great end to last year, so this year is going to keep that going.

Good luck with all that querying!

Suzi said...

You had a great end to last year, so this year is going to keep that going.

Good luck with all that querying!

Lady Lilith said...

Amazing. Looks like you had a wonderful new year. It looks like this will lead to an even better 2014.

Nicole said...

What a year! Here's hoping 2014 is just as awesome for you.

Jessica Salyer said...

Thanks guys!