Wednesday, May 8, 2013

I'm Going To A Conference!

I am super excited! Tomorrow morning I leave for Utah to attend the LDStorymakers Conference. This will be my second writers conference I've been to and I had such a great experience at the first one, I can't wait for this one.

 Plus, a bunch of my fellow bloggers and critique partners are going to be there! I can't wait to meet everyone. (FYI, I'm terrible with names so if I stare at you strangely don't think anything of it... I'm probably just trying to remember who you are. :) So please come up and introduce yourself.)

One of the best parts of going to a writer's conference is being a writer. I mean, the whole time I'm not a nurse, I'm a writer! And around others who share my passion. So, when I go spewing off about my books or how a character did this they won't get a glazed over look in their eye. They're interested. (Not that my family and friends haven't been supportive they have.)

Another this I love is learning the craft. For three days I get to sit and listen to people talk about one of my favorite subjects and learn at the same time.

Did I tell you I was excited! I can't wait. Hope to see you there! Next week I'll post and tell you all about it.

Have you been to a conference? What's your favorite part? Going to LDStorymakers?

Photobucket

9 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I've never been to a conference. Have a great time - I know a lot of you are going.

Suzi said...

I've only been to a few small conferences. I want to go to a bigger one sometimes. LDS would be great--to meet all those people. Or SCBWI in NY. That'd be great. Someday...

Have fun!

Natalie Aguirre said...

Have a great time. It sounds like a fantastic conference. Wish I could go so I could meet those of you I know.

DL Hammons said...

I LOVE conferences, and bummed I couldn't attend any this year. Enjoy LDS!!

Lynda R Young said...

I think my favourite part of conferences is meeting new people. It's so much fun meeting other writers. Have a great time at the conference.

Sarah said...

Hey Jessica! Didn't I say I was going to write on your blog?

I'm glad I got the chance to meet you at the Write or Dine Storymakers Dinner, particularly since we seem to share a few similarities (I read your "About Me" page).

I hope you enjoyed the conference!

Elise Fallson said...

From the fb pics, looks like you all had a great time! Maybe one day I can meet up with you all for another conference. (:

Jenny S. Morris said...

Had a blast. Miss you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shayaankhan said...

Title:
Best Revenue sharing with the High Returns Investment

Content:
Welcome to Make Money Online with best investment in Hedge fund day trading with high returns on Daily Interest the world best revenue sharing program in which High Yield Investment Program, Best Hyip, Best Investment, Hyip Monitor, Forex Fund, Daily Profit, Monthly Interest, Monthly Profit, Earn Money Online, Money Maker Group, Dream Team Money and like this much more and you can withdraw the amount throw referral commission, eCurrency Invest, LibertyReserve, Alert Pay and SolidTrustPay as well. Get 200% profit within 150 days and the minimum withdraw is only $5 which is on daily basis.
For More Details click the link below:

Web Link:
http://whatacash.com
Display Name: whatacashwaqar