Wednesday, March 6, 2013

IWSG- I Get By With a Little Help

This is my post for the Insecure Writer's Support Group. It's a group thought up by the ninja himself, Alex J. Cavanaugh. The group posts the first Wednesday of every month and is a wonderful way to support and get encouragement from and for your fellow writers. If you would like to join the group or see the other blogs that participate in it go HERE.



 This week has been a pretty hard one in regards to my insecurities. This weekend I tried to get some writing done and I stared at my screen thinking my old thoughts of: why are you pretending to be a writer? What do you think you're doing... no one wants to read anything you've written. Whatever made you think you could actually write books? And do it for a living?

 It was so bad had I not been invested in having a blog, my writer friends who hold me accountable (thank you all), and signing up for the conference in May, I probably would have deleted all my files and given up.

Of course, at a later date I would of cried over all my work gone, but still. But I pushed through. I thought about all the kind words I received over the past year. I thought about all the encouragement I received... and I made myself write. And not for me. For you. For all my friends who have told me I could do this. For my CP's who have tore apart my MS, but in the end made it better. And for all those smiley faces, Lol's, so so so goods, and I love this. Nine chapters edited and over a thousand words later, I felt a little better.

 So, thank you my friends. Your faith in me has given me faith in myself when I didn't know if I could go on. And that's what we're here for. So if any of you ever need a cheerleader, just let me know. I have my pom poms ready.



  Photobucket

13 comments:

Natalie Aguirre said...

So sorry for your hard weekend. But remember, you're not alone in feeling like that. I do at various points and wonder what life would be if I just had my full-time job and my family to take care of instead of also spending any free time with the writing and blogging. We all have these feelings. Glad you had friends to talk you through them.

T. Drecker said...

Writing would be nicer if those weekends never came. But at least you have the help to get through them :)

Suzi said...

It's so nice to have those cheerleaders by your side. I'm lucky to know so many great writers, so many of whom I didn't know even just a year ago.

ilima said...

This is so true. I should write just for myself, but in those insecure crappy times, knowing I have CP's and friends who believe in me and won't let me fail pushes me through. Go team!

Suzanne Furness said...

So glad you had some good friends to pick you up again.

Nicole said...

We've all gotta help each other out sometimes. Glad you didn't hit delete!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That is why we are here - to help each other through those moments!

Rena said...

Yes, exactly this. Writing is hard, and it just wouldn't get done without others to help. Having awesome friends and CPs help. I hope you're looking forward to that conference in May! I want to go to one pretty badly, but I never seem to have time or money. Someday....

Kelley Lynn said...

Go Jess! Go Jess! *shaking my pom poms* :)

DL Hammons said...

It gets to the point where we should expect weekends like that. It's just Part of the territory. I've read your work...extensively...and you belong on the bookshelf just as much as others I've read. But don't believe me, or others, just trust your gut!

Krista McLaughlin said...

Writing is definitely hard, but it's great to have other writers to support us and encourage us on. :) I can't imagine where I'd be if I quit.

Tia Bach said...

You said it... it's the writing community and our friends who help us through the dark moments. Wishing you all the best!

My IWSG Post

Elise Fallson said...

I know I wouldn't be here without the help from my friends. So glad you were able to push through, you can do this Jess!!! (: