Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Update and My First Writers Conference

Sorry I haven't been around much lately. I've given myself a self imposed deadline on the first draft of my book... July 31st. I haven't been writing much, so I decided I needed a deadline. I've been trying to write every night and it's been going pretty good. I've written over 3,000 words in the past two weeks which is more than I've written in a while. I'm just under 40,000 words now. Which I think is a major accomplishment. I never dreamt that I would get this far. Even though I know I have a ways to go, I feel like the end is in sight and I'm super excited.

Saturday, I went to my first writer/author conference. It was a small one. It had a bunch of local authors and they had panels on all different subjects. It was very informative and also very exciting for me. I was worried about going alone, but once I got there I had a great time. I learned a few new things, but it was really neat to hear the authors talk about the things that they have gone through and their road to publication. When they asked who in the audience were also writers or aspiring authors, I even raised my hand. (Only half way, but I did raise it.)

Well, I think that's it for now. I have to get to my MS. I hope your week is going great. Anything new or exciting in your life?

Photobucket

10 comments:

Natalie Aguirre said...

Wow! That's so awesome that you wrote so much. That's so productive. My manuscript is going slow-page by page, but I'll get there.

Elise Fallson said...

As long as you're on a roll keep on it! (: And how lucky to go to a writer's conference, wish there were some around here.... (:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I'm on a similar quest with my next book, so I've pulled back a bit on blogging. Glad you enjoyed your first conference!

Jenny Morris said...

I am dying to go to a writer's conference. Glad you had a good time.

Good luck on the deadline.

DL Hammons said...

Get that hand up...all the way!!!

Kelley Lynn said...

You're going to have to teach me all you learned tomorrow when we meet for lunch! :)

Arlee Bird said...

good luck with the writing efforts. I'm hoping to do the same this summer. Glad you got to make a conference.


Lee
Wrote By Rote

Tia Bach said...

I love writing conferences, and wish I could find more to go to (that were convenient). Glad you raised your hand! And excellent writing progress. I should go write now... ;-)

David Macaulay said...

fab - re the book. Good luck. After much lagging, I feel mine is finally coming together - 5000 words in the last five days. Must resist the temptation to stop.

Jessica Salyer said...

Tia- I'll definitely be going to more, it was fun.