Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Summertime

For me, this week kicks off the start of summer. Every year there's a huge music festival in my area and every year I go. It signifies the beginning of summer for me.

Tonight seven of my girlfriends and I are going to a concert at the festival. I can't wait. Is there anything better on a hot summer night than good music, friends, beer and food? Oh, and did I mention about 100,000 other people?

My favorite season has always been summer. I don't like winter, too cold. I hate the snow. Fall- bad allergy season for me. Spring- cold and rainy, not too appealing. Summer- nice and hot just the way I like it. I'm always cold, so eighty degrees... perfect.
Photo credit

There's nothing like the sun on your face or the sound of the kids playing in the sprinklers. I love being able to go out in my back yard and pick my salad for dinner.

What kicks off summer for you? What's your favorite season? Do you like the heat? What's your favorite thing about the summer? Hope you guys have a nice week!
Photobucket

15 comments:

KarenG said...

I love summer, love the heat and being outdoors and it is never long enough.

Annalisa Crawford said...

As the English summer is being typically wet, I've decided to wear short sleeves and flip flops anyway - I'm taking charge of summer!

Enjoy the festival. You're absolutely right - music, sun, beer and people = the perfect start to summer :-)

Suzi said...

Turning on the air conditioning means the start of summer here.

I love summer, but don't appreciate the blazing heat of 90 degrees, unless I have shade.

Elise Fallson said...

"Is there anything better on a hot summer night than good music, friends, beer and food?"

No.

Have a great time! (:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Have a great time tonight!
I confess, I'm a winter person. Too hot and humid here. And my lawn doesn't grow in winter. Added bonus!

JEFritz said...

When the strawberries arrive, that's when I know summer is here. It's all too brief. Have fun at the concert!

Jeff Hargett said...

I've always been an autumn guy myself. Summer gets too humid here and the cold seeps into the bones and reminds me of my age. Spring is a close second though.

BTW, I left you an award at my blog. You can pick it up at http://strandsofpattern.blogspot.com

Rebecca Barrow said...

I am a fan of winter, I love being all wrapped up warm. But nights like you've described with friends and food outside only happen in the summer...it's almost enough to sway me :)

mayasongs said...

I love the summer, and hate it at the same time. There's those times where it is easier to make a fruit smoothie and actually exercise in the summer. Those times where floating in the pool does not just mean you're dead, but you are relaxing and giving yourself that much-needed me-time.

But on the other hand, there is kids spraying you with sand as they run, heat waves that actually make you want to stay indoors or with an AC, or even the fact that there are spiders crawling around the grass to just ruin your pool experience.

But overall, I guess you just gotta live with it and let the sun be happy. (Make the most of it; crafting and helping the Earth and the people who roam it is an excellent summer must-do.) ;)

DL Hammons said...

Oh....I loathe the heat. It's 9:00 PM here right now and its still 98!! Give the FALL anytime! :)

Peggy Shumway said...

I love the winter. Arizona summers are too hot for me. Today it is supposed to soar to 113 degrees.

Gwen Gardner said...

Oh yea, girls night out! I used to dread summer because it was too hot. Now I can't wait, because now I live where it snows 5 months out of the year!

Misha Gericke said...

I like all seasons, but after growing up in a mild region and moving to a hot place, winter has become my favorite. :-)

Sabrina A. Fish said...

Like you, I love summer, though fall is a close 2nd. I love going to the lake, kayaking or floating the river, watermelon, homemade ice cream, and water parks.

Happy 4th!

Jessica Salyer said...

Sabrina- Sounds great! Hope you had a great 4th!
Mayasongs- Guess you just have to make the best of it. No one has it perfect. :)