Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Play Lists?

This week has flown by. Sorry this post is getting out late. Better late than never, right?

I'm actually getting some writing this week. (a little) Which got me thinking... Do you write to a play list? First, I guess I should ask do you write to music? Do you have a play list for you WIP/MS/novel?

I was writing and realized that I tend to listen to different music based on the mood of my characters. Granted, I have a generalized "writing" list that I listen to, but there are certain songs that I hear that portray the feeling of the scene so well that I play them while writing. Does this happen to you?

Here are a few of the songs on my play list for this scene. Can you guess the emotion?






So, what do you think? Do you know these songs? Like them? Have your own play list? 

Have a great weekend. I'll be spending it with my wonderful husband, who's birthday it is on Friday. Happy birthday, honey. I love you!

Photobucket 

11 comments:

Kelley Lynn said...

I almost always write to music. Usually I pick a pandora station that relates to the mood I am trying to portray. I've never set up a writing playlist (too complicated for me :) haha) But music is a must!

deathwriter said...

I don't write to music, but I often include music in my writing.

Kyra Lennon said...

Ahh, Jason Mraz! His entire new album is epic, but I Won't Give Up is one of my favourites. :D

Sabrina said...

Music usually distracts me from writing, so I don't listen to it when I write. I tend to want to sing along to the lyrics and when I do the words in my head just jumble up and I lose my grip on what I was trying to write.

Elise Fallson said...

I listen to all kinds of music and sometimes have it on when I write, it depends on the scene I'm working on. And when I do turn on the music it's usually something with little or no lyrics in it. I like the third one you put up the best, I Won't Give Up. (:

Morgan said...

Awwww... happy birthday to your hubs! And I'm not a playlist gal... though I'm inspired by songs, I can't write to them! :D

DL Hammons said...

I wasn't familiar with any of those songs. I write with my headphones on (my desk is in the living room) and I generally listen to instrumental music when I write. It helps to isolate me from everything else going on. :)

Chuck said...

I sometimes post to music...does that count??

Aris Whittier said...

I very rarely write to music and when I do it’s usually instrumental.

Jessica Salyer said...

Aris- Sometimes I need quiet too. :)

Jessica Salyer said...

Sabrina- I notice that happens once in awhile to me too.

Deathwriter- I put a lot of music in mine too.