Saturday, May 5, 2012

News This Week

As you can tell, I got a makeover! Well, I didn't, but my blog did. Tiana Smith started up a new blog design site, was giving away a free blog make over and guess what? I won! Her new site is www.theblogdecorator.com and you should definitely check it out. She has nine templates to chose from and you can change the color or fonts to suit your tastes.

Tiana is absolutely wonderful to work with. We probably exchanged over fifty e-mails (not kidding), due to my indecisiveness and/or other questions or ideas I thought up. Throughout it all though, she was professional, patient and super easy to work with. She took each request I had and made it come to life. The makeover took only a couple of days and that's more because of my indecisiveness then anything. I cannot say enough fabulous things about her. She went above and beyond. If you're thinking of getting a new look, I would definitely recommend Tiana!

I'm so happy with the way my blog looks and with Tiana. Thank you so much, Tiana! You did a fabulous job! I absolutely love it!


In other news...

Monday is the A to Z challenge reflections post. Time to give your thoughts, good, bad or otherwise on the challenge.

On Wednesday, the query guru himself, Matthew MacNish is stopping by to give us the basics on writing a query letter.

On Thursday, I'm hosting a stop of the Color Like Memories book blog tour. Congrats, Meradeth, I'm sure it will be great!

Next Monday is The First Loves Blogfest. Want more info- head over to Alex J. Cavanaugh's to check it out.

And finally, next Wednesday, a week after the normal time, hope you're not to confused, an author interview with non-other than the ninja master himself, Alex J. Cavanaugh.

Wow, that's a busy two weeks and I thought I would be slowing down now that A to Z was over.
 



Well, what do you think of my new blog design? Do you like it? Thinking about getting a makeover? Have you checked out Tiana's site? What template's your favorite? Do you know Matthew, Meradeth, and Alex? Will you be back to check out the posts? Participating in the reflections post or First loves?

Photobucket

20 comments:

Morgan said...

Your blog looks fantastic! I love it! Tiana is amazing. And I sooooooo want to switch things up on my blog. I'll definitely go to her when I'm feeling motivated ;)

Kyra Lennon said...

I LOVE the new look! It's very pretty!

Elise Fallson said...

I love, LOVE the new look too. (:

Natalie Aguirre said...

Love your new design. It looks so awesome.

And you've got some cool interviews coming up.

meradeth said...

Love your new blog design--it's beautiful! Looking forward to the post on Thursday!

KarenG said...

It's so fun to get a blog makeover and yours looks wonderful!

Humberto Dib said...

Great blog, Jessica!
Cheers from Argentina.
HD

Sabrina said...

I love the new look of your blog! So fresh!

Brooke R. Busse said...

It's really pretty, Jessica. I love the fonts and your "social media" flower.

Kelley Lynn said...

The new look is SO cool Jess! She did a great job.

And my gosh, you are CRAZY busy :)

Michael Offutt, Tebow Cult Initiate said...

The new blog design is pretty. I like it. I think it works more for a girl than it would a guy though.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

New design is awesome! Thanks for mentioning my blogfest as well.

Patsy said...

The new look is very pretty.

themidnightnovelist said...

It's fabulous!! I love it!

Tonja said...

I like your design. Sounds like you have some great posts planned over the next couple of weeks - I'll be back.

Creepy Query Girl said...

purdy blog! Love the light colors!

Tiana Smith said...

It was fun to work with you :) Glad you like your blog's new look!

Jaycee DeLorenzo said...

Aww, beautiful! I love it!

Jessica Salyer said...

Meradeth- Thank you. Me too.

Sabrina- Thank you.

Patsy- Thank you.

Themidnightnovelist- Thanks!

Brooke R. Busse said...

Also, Jessica. I've left you an award: http://brookerbusse.blogspot.com/2012/05/paper-mountain-awards-1.html