Monday, April 23, 2012

T is For Timorous

Don't be timorous about this word, I'm sure you'll come up with a great sentence.

T- Timorous- 1. full of fear; fearful. 2. subject to fear; timid. 3. characterized by or indicating fear.
Photo credit

Our sentence yesterday was from Brooke R. Busse and he/she wrote: 

Then a sinister feeling washed over me. They wouldn't let me on the ship without my papers. And they were currently being blow down the canyon.

Put it all together and here's what we have so far:

     The alpha coefficient was too high; the risk too great. Losing my balance, I plummeted to the darkest recesses of the canyon. I had to release my tenuous grip on the briefcase, so I could pull my chute in my panic; it spilled classified papers all over the floor of the ravine when it exploded on impact. Struggling to free myself from the parachute, I cursed the debacle this mission had become. After finally getting the parachute to release me, I started to ponder over the enigma of where I was.      It seemed odd to think that only thirty hours ago I had been sitting in a Starbucks having coffee. But then that man with the formidable mustache had sat down next to me. He made me an offer and I'd run through the gamut of usual excuses, but to no avail. And actually, I couldn't pull off the hypocrisy of not wanting a million bucks. But I played it casual and said, "How ironic, you of all people would need my help.
     The safety of that coffee shop juxtaposed with the danger I was in now.
     "Ironic? No. You and I are practically kindred spirits and you need the money," he said, placing a briefcase on the table. I had to admit that he was right; and after all, money had been the first real love of my life. Until that monumental moment when I was forced to weigh what was really important. Since that time though, I'd been on the run nonstop. Always with the fear that some omnipotent being was watching me.  
     But I think it's time I palliate this fear and bite the bloody bullet, yeah? My Quixotic quest for understanding could wait until I was on a secluded beach somewhere, sipping run-filled fruity drinks brought to me by bronze bikini-clad beauties; right now I needed to get the Hell out of this canyon. And that's when I saw it, nestled in a crevice, a riant sight that would teleport me to the airship Hindenburg IX. Then a sinister feeling washed over me. They wouldn't let me on the ship without my papers. And they were currently being blow down the canyon.

If this is your first visit, thanks for stopping by. If you'd like you can go HERE for an explanation of what we're doing.

I'll be on vacation for the next week. A special thanks to DL Hammons for picking the sentences and updating my blog for me everyday while I'm gone. Please forgive me for not getting around to many blogs for the next week. I promise to make up for it.

8 comments:

Sabrina said...

Cool story! Can't wait to find out where this will lead!

Jaycee DeLorenzo said...

Enjoy your vacation!

Laura Marcella said...

Hello, Jessica! Great story! Thanks for sharing and I hope you have a terrific vacation!! Happy A to Z :)

The Golden Eagle said...

Intriguing piece!

I hope you have a great vacation. :)


The Golden Eagle
The Eagle's Aerial Perspective

Elise Fallson said...

To hell with the papers I thought, harnessing my emotions and casting aside the timorous voice inside my head, all the while praying the flash drive still in my pocket would be enough to gain access to the airship.

(sentences are coming in slow today. Hope you get a few more before the days out, It's 1am over here and I'm spent.)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

This was no time to let my timorous feelings regarding heights stop me - I needed those papers!

Pearson Report said...

What a great idea for an A-Z theme. Good luck with it (and to DL for looking after it too).


Jenny @ Pearson Report
Co-Host of the Blogging from A to Z Challenge.

Chuck said...

I like Alex's sentence...I erased mine after I read his...since they were in the same timorous vein!