Friday, April 20, 2012

R is For Riant

I Hope my blog gives you riant smile today; while you're coming up with your sentence.




R- Riant- laughing; smiling; cheerful.


Chris Fries's sentence was chosen yesterday. It was: My Quixotic quest for understanding could wait until I was on a secluded beach somewhere, sipping run-filled fruity drinks brought to me by bronze bikini-clad beauties; right now I needed to get the Hell out of this canyon.




Here's our story so far:


The alpha coefficient was too high; the risk too great. Losing my balance, I plummeted to the darkest recesses of the canyon. I had to release my tenuous grip on the briefcase, so I could pull my chute in my panic; it spilled classified papers all over the floor of the ravine when it exploded on impact. Struggling to free myself from the parachute, I cursed the debacle this mission had become. After finally getting the parachute to release me, I started to ponder over the enigma of where I was.
     It seemed odd to think that only thirty hours ago I had been sitting in a Starbucks having coffee. But then that man with the formidable mustache had sat down next to me. He made me an offer and I'd run through the gamut of usual excuses, but to no avail. And actually, I couldn't pull off the hypocrisy of not wanting a million bucks. But I played it casual and said, "How ironic, you of all people would need my help.
     The safety of that coffee shop juxtaposed with the danger I was in now.
     "Ironic? No. You and I are practically kindred spirits and you need the money," he said, placing a briefcase on the table. I had to admit that he was right; and after all, money had been the first real love of my life. Until that monumental moment when I was forced to weigh what was really important. Since that time though, I'd been on the run nonstop. Always with the fear that some omnipotent being was watching me.  
     But I think it's time I palliate this fear and bite the bloody bullet, yeah? My Quixotic quest for understanding could wait until I was on a secluded beach somewhere, sipping run-filled fruity drinks brought to me by bronze bikini-clad beauties; right now I needed to get the Hell out of this canyon.



If this is your first time here, hi and welcome, and you're wondering what we are doing, you can go HERE for an explanation. 

For those of you who don't know, Tiana Smith  has started a beautiful new website where you can get custom templates for your blog.  http://www.theblogdecorator.com/   Check it out, they are gorgeous.  

8 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Whoever gets the last line, I hope they bring this to a conclusion. Or you just might have to finish it for us.

Chris Fries said...

Thanks for picking my sentence from yesterday -- I'll be riant all day today because of it!

I'll let someone else choose today's. ;^)

Jaycee DeLorenzo said...

I have nothing to offer...don't think I've heard that in the sentence, but I honestly just had a - Oh, right, he's still in the canyon moment.

I am laughing.

Leovi said...

I love your R, very exciting ...

Elise Fallson said...

And that's when I saw it, nestled in a crevice, a riant sight that would teleport me to the airship Hindenburg IX.

(Don't ask...:P)

Nick Wilford said...

OK, I can't beat Elise's. Good on Chris for getting us back to the canyon and now she's offering a way out!

Good word, by the way... never knew it!

Chuck said...

Good choice...I am stymied for today's word but still riant as I move on to the next blog!

Fairview said...

My desperate situation was strangely at odds with the riant little tune I couldn't seem to get out of my head.