Thursday, April 19, 2012

Q is For Quixotic

 Does the letter Q scare you? Let's see what kind of sentence you can come up with for this word, just makes sure it goes with our story...


Q-Quixotic: Exceedingly idealistic; unrealistic and impractical.
Photo credit


Yesterday, I got a bunch of votes for Jessica Bell's sentence, so why not. :) It was...
But I think it's time I palliate this fear and bite the bloody bullet, yeah?

 Here's our story:

The alpha coefficient was too high; the risk too great. Losing my balance, I plummeted to the darkest recesses of the canyon. I had to release my tenuous grip on the briefcase, so I could pull my chute in my panic; it spilled classified papers all over the floor of the ravine when it exploded on impact. Struggling to free myself from the parachute, I cursed the debacle this mission had become. After finally getting the parachute to release me, I started to ponder over the enigma of where I was.
     It seemed odd to think that only thirty hours ago I had been sitting in a Starbucks having coffee. But then that man with the formidable mustache had sat down next to me. He made me an offer and I'd run through the gamut of usual excuses, but to no avail. And actually, I couldn't pull off the hypocrisy of not wanting a million bucks. But I played it casual and said, "How ironic, you of all people would need my help.
     The safety of that coffee shop juxtaposed with the danger I was in now.
     "Ironic? No. You and I are practically kindred spirits and you need the money," he said, placing a briefcase on the table. I had to admit that he was right; and after all, money had been the first real love of my life. Until that monumental moment when I was forced to weigh what was really important. Since that time though, I'd been on the run nonstop. Always with the fear that some omnipotent being was watching me.  
     But I think it's time I palliate this fear and bite the bloody bullet, yeah?


New to my blog? Welcome! Want to know what we're doing? Go HERE for directions.

I hope you are doing good. Hang in there, just a little ways to go!

11 comments:

Chris Fries said...

More fun!


How about:

My Quixotic quest for understanding could wait until I was on a secluded beach somewhere, sipping run-filled fruity drinks brought to me by bronze bikini-clad beauties; right now I needed to get the Hell out of this canyon.

M.J. Fifield said...

Great word. And I vote for Chris's sentence. That's all kinds of awesome fun.

Jaycee DeLorenzo said...

Ooh, fun. :D

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

As long as I didn't grow quixotic in my expectations, I could do this.

Jessica Salyer said...

Great sentence! Wish I was on a beach somewhere. Next week. :) Thanks.

Matthew MacNish said...

First is often best. I can't think of a thing that would top Chris.

Tonja said...

Great word! Definitely a fun idea. And I LOVE your background - pretty.

Elise Fallson said...

Think you already have a winner up there! (:

Chuck said...

For this mission had all the makings of a Quixotic windmill tilt.

Fairview said...

I didn't realize until I read Chris' sentence that the main character is a guy! lol This whole time I'm thinking the main character is female.

I got nothin' for Quixotic

The Armchair Squid said...

Found you through A-Z. Good luck with the rest of the alphabet.