Friday, April 13, 2012

L is For Love

I love how the story is turning out. Thanks everyone for coming by and giving me sentences!

L- Love: An intense feeling of deep affection.
Photo credit

The sentence chosen from yesterday came from Elise Fallson and is:

"Ironic? No. You and I are practically kindred spirits and you need the money," he said, placing a briefcase on the table.

That brings our story to:

The alpha coefficient was too high; the risk too great. Losing my balance, I plummeted to the darkest recesses of the canyon. I had to release my tenuous grip on the briefcase, so I could pull my chute in my panic; it spilled classified papers all over the floor of the ravine when it exploded on impact. Struggling to free myself from the parachute, I cursed the debacle this mission had become. After finally getting the parachute to release me, I started to ponder over the enigma of where I was.
      It seemed odd to think that only thirty hours ago I had been sitting in a Starbucks having coffee. But then that man with the formidable mustache had sat down next to me. He made me an offer and I'd run through the gamut of usual excuses, but to no avail. And actually, I couldn't pull off the hypocrisy of not wanting a million bucks. But I played it casual and said, "How ironic, you of all people would need my help.
     The safety of that coffee shop juxtaposed with the danger I was in now. 
     "Ironic? No. You and I are practically kindred spirits and you need the money," he said, placing a briefcase on the table.

If you're new to my blog, thanks for stopping by. Here's what we are doing... I give you a word, you give me a sentence containing that word to add on to our story. If you'd like more in depth instructions, please go HERE.




14 comments:

jabblog said...

It's coming together very well. I'm sure it's exercising your imagination as well as your lateral thinking:-)

Em-Musing said...

Ha!This is becoming one interesting story.

Nick Wilford said...

I'm determined to contribute today! I've been lax. This is a tough one.

How about: "I had to admit that he was right; and after all, money had been the first real love of my life."

elizabeth seckman said...

I venture a peak inside the briefcase. A million dollars! That's a whole latte to love.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

"Oh I just love how you are preying on my one weakness!"

Lauren S. said...

I eyed the briefcase warily. "I can do without money," I said.

He gave me an amused look. "Maggie, love, I know you can. But you can't do without adventure."

I knew he was right.

running4him said...

Awesome post!! Great pictures!! Keep up the good work!! You are invited to check out or follow my blog anytime!! Have a great day!!!

Elise Fallson said...

"I don't need the money, but I do love a good challenge," I purred.

Ok, that was bad. I just wanted an excuse to type the word "purred." :P

Jessica Salyer said...

Thanks!

Jessica Salyer said...

Not bad at all. I loved the "purred" lol!

Jessica Salyer said...

Thanks. I think so too.

Fairview said...

I took the briefcase with some reluctance. "Fine, but I'm doing this for love, not money. Well, mostly for love... Okay, love factors into my decision-making process."

I know it is more than one sentence but I was feeling silly...

Jenny S. Morris said...

The story is coming along really well. Can't wait to see what happens. ;0)

Adena (aka cre82learn) said...

Great take on the challenge. Loving this challenge and seeing what everyone is doing with it.