Sunday, April 1, 2012

A is For Alpha


Alpha: the first, the beginning.


Today is April first. This is my first post of the month and my first post for the A to Z challenge. I have to admit I was a little hesitant to sign up for this challenge. Would I be able to do it? Twenty-six posts in thirty days? Heck, I'm lucky if I get my once or twice a week posts done. However, I'm always up for a challenge, so bring it on. I wish all the participants luck. I'll be hopping around to see all your alpha A to Z blog posts. If you have questions about the A to Z Challenge or want to know more about it you can go to the A to Z blog
photo credit


In case you missed last weeks blog, you can go back and read it HERE, it explains in depth what I'm going to do for the challenge. Each day I will give you a word with the definition. It will start will the letter of that day. In the comments please leave a sentence containing the word of the day and hopefully something to do with the previous sentences. Each night at 10pm CST I will pick a sentence randomly and together we will write a story. Each day I will give you the previous sentences and at the end of the 26 days we will see what kind of story we came up with together. Sound like fun? I'm excited to see if it works. I need your help though, without your comments/sentences this won't work, so make sure you visit every day. Hopefully at the end we'll have a great story.

Can't wait to see how you guys start the story off!





30 comments:

Clare said...

Interesting idea.

Lets see if I'm doing this right ...

Nick was the alpha of the group, but John was the new guy in town and extremely popular. It looked like he was going to steal Nick's crown.

Elise Fallson said...

There was no doubt in my mind he was the alpha male.

Em-Musing said...

alpha male is a great "A".

Janna said...

Love your idea!

There is no alpha or omega, there just is.

M.J. Fifield said...

That's a great idea for the challenge. Out of my group of dogs, the smallest one is the Alpha.

I've been slacking as far as posts on my blog go this year so I'm hoping the A to Z challenge will help me turn things around. Good luck with it...

M.J. Fifield
My Pet Blog

DL Hammons said...

"Let me read that confirmation code back to you...C as in Charlie, P as in Paul, L as in Larry, A as in Alpha, 259."

:)

Sarah Pearson said...

There was no place for the former leader now the new Alpha had taken over.

Suze said...

I knew a guy named Alpha. He was a manager in Classifieds.

One day, an irate caller who wanted to place an ad denigrating the flag of Mexico told him, 'What the hell kind of name is Alpha? That's not a man, that's a robot,' when Alpha refused to sell him the space.

True story.

kelworthfiles said...

The pack met in the clearing at midnight, to choose a new alpha dog.

Good luck with your A-Z story!

Fairview said...

Great idea for the challenge. Everybody's used up the alpha male concept so here's my calculus-themed attempt.

"The alpha coefficient was too high; the risk too great."

Stephanie said...

Cool idea!

Not a story sentence, but Alpha was my favourite character in Joss Whedon's Dollhouse.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Going to be a lot of fun!

Sylvia Ney said...

New follower here. I’m enjoying reading my fellow “A to Z”ers. I look forward to visiting again.

Sylvia
http://www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com/

Lynn(e) Schmidt said...

I'll pop back in as this progresses, I can't think of any cool sentences, sorry!

Lauren S. said...

"So should I feed the horses some... um, alpha?" he asked.

The girl rolled her eyes and tossed her braid over her shoulder.

"Alfalfa," she corrected.

Okay, so maybe that's not just one sentence, but... you get the idea. ;)

Tia Bach said...

I love this concept, but alas my brain is fried tonight. I'll pop back in this month and add to your story. Have fun. Should be a great A to Z.

Krista McLaughlin said...

Alpha male - he was more like a man masquerading as a leader, dressed in a funky robe, complete with pompous crown.

Melissa Bradley said...

Alpha... Jerry thought he was alpha dog, strutting his stuff, a real cock of the walk, but Kay knew better.

Melissa Bradley said...

This is going to be fun. :)

Jessica Salyer said...

Perfect!

Jessica Salyer said...

Nice.

Jessica Salyer said...

Thanks you. I like your sentence. :)

Jessica Salyer said...

Too funny.

Jessica Salyer said...

Nice sentence. Thanks. Godd luck to you too.

Jessica Salyer said...

Thanks!

Jessica Salyer said...

Thank you.

Jessica Salyer said...

Nice.

Jessica Salyer said...

Nice.

Jessica Salyer said...

Thank you.

Brooke R. Busse said...

I love this sentence. It's so nerdy and original. XD