Monday, April 9, 2012

H is For Hypocrisy

I hope you had a wonderful Easter weekend! Happy Monday.

My blog doesn't have any hypocrisy, does yours?


H- Hypocrisy: 1. A pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess. 2. A pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude. 3. An act or instance of hypocrisy.
Photo credit

Our sentence from yesterday is from Alex J. Cavanaugh and is:

He made me an offer and I'd run through the gamut of usual excuses, but to no avail.

Here's our story so far:

  The alpha coefficient was too high; the risk too great. Losing my balance, I plummeted to the darkest recesses of the canyon. I had to release my tenuous grip on the briefcase, so I could pull my chute in my panic; it spilled classified papers all over the floor of the ravine when it exploded on impact. Struggling to free myself from the parachute, I cursed the debacle this mission had become. After finally getting the parachute to release me, I started to ponder over the enigma of where I was.
      It seemed odd to think that only thirty hours ago I had been sitting in a Starbucks having coffee. But then that man with the formidable mustache had sat down next to me. He made me an offer and I'd run through the gamut of usual excuses, but to no avail.

If you are new to my blog, thanks for stopping by. Here's what we are doing... I give you a word, you give me a sentence containing that word to add on to our story. If you would like more of an explanation, please read this POST.

Please stop by tomorrow and add your sentence to the story.

15 comments:

running4him said...

Hey, great blog!! Nice set up and pictures!! Keep up the good work!! You are invited to check out or follow my blog anytime!!! Have a great day!!

Em-Musing said...

And actually, I couldn't pull off the hypocrisy of not wanting a million bucks.

Annalisa Crawford said...

That's an interesting premise for the challenge - I don't think I'm up to it though, so I'm just going to back away slowly, and remember to come back to see how it continues. Good luck!

Debra Harris-Johnson said...

Hipocrisy is stranger then the truth. I wanted the mission but wanted him more.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Awesome, you used my line! I'll wait a day before contributing another.

Lauren S. said...

"You have no choice, Maggie," he said, pulling a cigarette out of his pocket. The sign said no smoking, but he had more authority than the sign. He pulled out his lighter, and added. "Don't smoke, it's bad for you." His hypocrisy coupled with my lifelong fear of lung cancer and my anger made me stand up quickly.

becca said...

hi visiting from A to Z challeng and i love your choice of words today very well done

Elise Fallson said...

I had to take the briefcase and accept a mission that reeked of blackmail and hypocrisy.

Peaches Ledwidge said...

I told him to love me even though I knew I couldn't love him back. I knew this was hypocrisy in the first degree.

DL Hammons said...

Hypocrisy was one character trait I wouldn't allow myself to embrace.

Brooke R. Busse said...

Okay, so I was going to contribute a sentence and then I saw this one and decided I liked it better.

Jaycee DeLorenzo said...

Yay for choosing Alex's. I liked his.

Okay, done now.

Can't wait to see what comes next!

Fairview said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fairview said...

He saw through the hipocrisy of my words.

Jessica Salyer said...

Great!