Saturday, April 7, 2012

G is For Gamut

I'm sure you've seen a whole gamut of themes in this A to Z challenge.



G- Gamut: 1. The whole series of recognized musical notes. 2. An entire range or series gamut from praise to contempt.

Photo credit
It seemed odd to think that only thirty hours ago I had been sitting in a Starbucks having coffee. But then that man with the formidable mustache had sat down next to me.

was the sentence chosen from yesterday and it came from Lauren S.

Here's our story so far:

     The alpha coefficient was too high; the risk too great. Losing my balance, I plummeted to the darkest recesses of the canyon. I had to release my tenuous grip on the briefcase, so I could pull my chute in my panic; it spilled classified papers all over the floor of the ravine when it exploded on impact. Struggling to free myself from the parachute, I cursed the debacle this mission had become. After finally getting the parachute to release me, I started to ponder over the enigma of where I was.
      It seemed odd to think that only thirty hours ago I had been sitting in a Starbucks having coffee. But then that man with the formidable mustache had sat down next to me.

If you are new to my blog, thanks for stopping by. If you would like an explanation on what we are doing, please read this POST.

Please be sure to stop by Monday and add your sentence to the story. Hope your challenge is going good. Have a great Easter!

12 comments:

Elise Fallson said...

As soon as he looked into my eyes, a gamut of emotions surged through me.

Jessica Salyer said...

Great!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

He made me an offer and I'd run through the gamut of usual excuses, but to no avail.

Debra Harris-Johnson said...

We had been lovers a very long time ago so my heart was guarded. Still my emotions ran gamut as he wove a story with an invitation that opened up new possibilities.
dreamweaver

Brooke R. Busse said...

He offered me a job and since I had been unemployed for the past six months, I almost sang a full gamut.

(Did I use it right?)

Sharkbytes said...

"I've been watching you," he began, "and I suspect the gamut of your skills is wide and deep."

Sarah Pearson said...

Rats, I got here too late to play today, but at least you have some good choices :-)

Stephen Tremp said...

This is exactly why I do not let people (men and women) with formidable mustaches sit next to me at Starbucks! Have a great day.

Jaycee DeLorenzo said...

I like Alex's suggestion.

Tyrean Martinson said...

After running through the whole gamut of regular exercises, our insane PE teacher sent us out on a ten mile run through a swamp.

BTW - love your A to Z theme! It's awesome and incredibly creative!

Leigh Covington said...

This is a totally fun idea, and my creative brain is completely blank after today's festivities. So... I'm going to be back to see what sentence makes it and then try for another time! Love your idea and your blog is beautiful!

Fairview said...

The Starbucks clientele ran the gamut from uptight business women in their 'power suits' to new aged hippies in their tie-dyed t-shirts and birkenstocks.