Friday, April 6, 2012

F is For Formidable

Although this challenge may be a formidable opponent, I'm sure you will win at the end and have all twenty-six posts.
F- Formidable: Inspiring fear or respect through being impressively large, powerful, intense, or capable.


Yesterday's sentence comes from Brooke R. Busse. It was:

 After finally getting the parachute to release me, I started to ponder over the enigma of where I was.

Here's our story so far:

The alpha coefficient was too high; the risk too great. Losing my balance, I plummeted to the darkest recesses of the canyon. I had to release my tenuous grip on the briefcase, so I could pull my chute in my panic; it spilled classified papers all over the floor of the ravine when it exploded on impact. Struggling to free myself from the parachute, I cursed the debacle this mission had become. After finally getting the parachute to release me, I started to ponder over the enigma of where I was.
Photo credit

If you are new to my blog, thanks for stopping by. If you would like an explanation on what we are doing, please read this POST.

Be sure to stop by tomorrow and add your sentence to the story.

How's the challenge going for you so far? Are you guys hanging in there?

21 comments:

Grammy said...

Looking up at the formidable walls surrounding me, I made a mental note of the task I faced in escaping the morass in which I found myself.

Matthew MacNish said...

This just keeps getting better and better (not an official entry, giving others a chance)!

Tracy Jo said...

What an awesome idea! She skips a beat thinking of her most formidable challenger, the brain, but she feels strong in her convictions and knows that he cannot survive without her, the heart.

Fairview said...

The task of getting out of the canyon seemed formidable.

The story is really taking shape! How fun this is.

nutschell said...

What a great theme for the A-Z! It sounds like its turning out to be an awesome story.
Great A-Z post!
Nutschell
www.thewritingnut.com

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Can't wait to see how it all unfolds in the end.

Kelley said...

Ooo, looking forward to seeing what happens!

Josh Hoyt said...

I look forward to how it turns out!

Lauren S. said...

It seemed odd to think that only thirty hours ago I had been sitting in a Starbucks having coffee. But then that man with the formidable mustache had sat down next to me.

Jemi Fraser said...

Getting out of this canyon was going to be a formidable task! :)

Sarah Pearson said...

Oh, I want Lauren's mustache man to win :-)

Ciara said...

The challenge is going well. I've enjoyed meeting new blogging friends like you. :)
Ciara Knight
www.ciaraknight.com

Cathy Olliffe-Webster said...

Climbing out was formidable; no – more than that – it seemed impossible, but when you're that far down what other choice is there than to grit your teeth and hitch up whatever lingering guts you have and get the hell moving.

Meh....
Hey, great to meet you! You have an awesome theme going on and it was a lot of fun to add my two cents worth!

Debra Harris-Johnson said...

After a shaky landing, I looked around to find the terrain a formidable foe to be reckoned with.
dreamweaver

Jaycee DeLorenzo said...

Those walls would be a formidable opponent.

(Okay, lame, but I tried.) :D

Jessica Salyer said...

Nice sentence. Way to start it off. Thanks! :)

Jessica Salyer said...

I'm liking it. Thanks.

Jessica Salyer said...

Nice to meet you. Thanks for coming by.

John Wiswell said...

Neat take on the formidable! Thanks for sharing.

themidnightnovelist said...

The walls of the canyon rose above me like the sides of a prison cage, huge and formidable.

Brooke R. Busse said...

I second this. Though, themidnightnovelist's isn't so bad. ^^