Thursday, April 5, 2012

E is For Enigma

I hope you all are doing well so far in this A to Z Challenge. It's defiantly not an enigma as to why so many people signed up for this challenge.


E- Enigma: 1. A puzzling or inexplicable occurrence or situation 2. A person of puzzling or contradictory character. 3. A saying, question, picture, etc., containing a hidden meaning; riddle.


Struggling to free myself from the parachute, I cursed the debacle this mission had become.

That was yesterday's sentence. It was chosen from Sarah Pearson .

Here's our story so far: 

 The alpha coefficient was too high; the risk too great. Losing my balance, I plummeted to the darkest recesses of the canyon. I had to release my tenuous grip on the briefcase, so I could pull my chute in my panic; it spilled classified papers all over the floor of the ravine when it exploded on impact. Struggling to free myself from the parachute, I cursed the debacle this mission had become.



In case you're just joining us, thanks for stopping by, you can go HERE for more in depth instructions. Or quickly... each day I will give you a word with the definition. In the comments please leave a sentence containing the word of the day and hopefully something to do with the previous sentences. Each night at 10pm CST, I will pick a sentence randomly and together we will write a story. Each day I will give you the previous sentences and at the end of the 26 days we will see what kind of story we came up with together.



Please make sure to stop by each day. I can't do this without you!

13 comments:

Richard said...

Hi, Jessica, I've tagged you with the Lucky 7 Meme. Please see my blog for details.

Debra Harris-Johnson said...

Like the parachute my lofe is tumbling, an enigma out of control.
dreamweaver

Jenny S. Morris said...

And the enigma of a woman that got me here in the first place, she will be the next thing I figure out once I land, and I will land, there is no doubt of that.

Haha, mine's silly. But I thought I'd throw something out there. ;0)

Rachel Morgan said...

Um, um ... I'm sorry, my creative juices are at a loss right now. I'm really sleepy at the mo! (Can't fall asleep before dinner...) I'll have to redeem myself another day!

Fairview said...

The enigma was why an agent with all of six weeks experience under belt(me) was sent on this mission in the first place.

Fairview said...

under HER belt (sorry, missed a word)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Brain is shutting down - sorry, can't come up with anything!

Brooke R. Busse said...

After finally getting the parachute to release me, I started to ponder over the enigma of where I was.

Not my best...

Jaycee DeLorenzo said...

I have no brain juice to contribute again, but just wanted to let you know I'm stopping by to check it out every day!

Jemi Fraser said...

Even knots in shoelaces were enigmas to me - the tangle of parachute cords nearly strangled me.

Sarah Pearson said...

The mission objective was still an enigma to me; perhaps there was information in the papers.

Tia Bach said...

My mission and my beliefs blurred, everything was becoming an enigma.

(LOVING this theme and how it's shaping up!)

A to Z is proving to be quite fun!

Jessica Salyer said...

Thanks, I'm loving how it's turning out.