Wednesday, April 4, 2012

D is For Debacle

Wow, you guys are coming up with some awesome sentences. I'm so intrigued with where our story is going. Keep up with the great work and thank you so much for helping me out.

I'm sure your A to Z experience hasn't been a debacle so far.

D- Debacle: a sudden downfall or a total failure.

photo credit
Yesterday Matthew MacNish's sentence was chosen. It was:

I had to release my tenuous grip on the briefcase, so I could pull my chute in my panic; it spilled classified papers all over the floor of the ravine when it exploded on impact.

 Here's our story so far:

 The alpha coefficient was too high; the risk too great. Losing my balance, I plummeted to the darkest recesses of the canyon. I had to release my tenuous grip on the briefcase, so I could pull my chute in my panic; it spilled classified papers all over the floor of the ravine when it exploded on impact.

In case you're just joining us, thanks for stopping by, you can go HERE for more in depth instructions. Or quickly... each day I will give you a word with the definition. In the comments please leave a sentence containing the word of the day and hopefully something to do with the previous sentences. Each night at 10pm CST, I will pick a sentence randomly and together we will write a story. Each day I will give you the previous sentences and at the end of the 26 days we will see what kind of story we came up with together.

Please keep stopping by each day. I can't do this without you! I hope your A to Z posts are going good.

27 comments:

jabblog said...

This is developing into a page-turning thriller. What next, I wonder?

Clare said...

Excellent addition to the story! :D

Em-Musing said...

Oh, I love this. I'll be stopping by for sure.

mindthagap said...

Love where it's going! Did you have any idea it would turn into a spy thriller? Am I allowed to submit another sentence?

Jessica Salyer said...

I had no idea where it would go. :) You can submit as many sentences as you would like.

Jessica Salyer said...

I think so too.

Heather Spiva said...

Lovely blog. Debacle... That's kind of how I feel my writing is at times!
Greetings from a fellow A to Z'er.

Jessica Salyer said...

Hi! Thank you. Me too, sometimes. :)

Debra Harris-Johnson said...

The latest debacle is just an insight into my world.
dreamweaver

Fairview said...

Ack. Stumped today. Anything I come up with does not jive with what comes before. Sitting this one out. Definitely developing in an interesting way! Be back tomorrow to check it out

Jessica Stank said...

Well, fancy meeting you here! LOL. By here, I mean in the a to z thingy. I am popping by to say hi, and have fun with the challenge. Forgive me for not contributing a sentence. I'll have to think on it. Have fun with the challenge!

Jessica Stank said...

By the way, did I tell you to have fun with the challenge? Have fun with it. No, really. Have fun. Sheesh!

Jaycee DeLorenzo said...

Keep it coming! :D

Happy Hump Day!
My D

Morgan said...

Me not doing the A to Z Challenge will be the debacle of my blogging career! ;) <----Stretch? LOL. Love your theme! :D

Jaycee DeLorenzo said...

Wednesday is hump day!

Sarah Pearson said...

Struggling to free myself from the parachute, I cursed the debacle this mission had become.

Jenny S. Morris said...

This is a fun idea. My brain is mush though so I will leave it to all the other talented writers to figure out what kind of debacle the parachuter gets into once the papers fall.


Jen from http://falling4fiction.blogspot.com/

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Won't add because I think you already have some good ones!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Won't add because I think you already have some good ones.

Susan Oloier said...

A single document found it's way into the hands of the local ranger who, unbeknownst to him, would create the greatest international debacle in history.

I like the other contributors' sentences better.

Gina said...

What an interesting thing! I love it and will be back to check where this ends. Here is my 2c.

"D is barely visible at the bottom of the canyon, yet I can see his silhouette jumping in the air, managing to catch many of the flowing papers. I can only imagine the debacle that will follow as all matters of classified information find a house on places they were never meant to know. There's nothing more I can do and as I float away from the scene I wonder if my life as I know is over."

Hope you like it!
From Diary of a Writer in Progress

DL Hammons said...

The entire mission was turning into one debacle after another and I had half a mind to curl up in a fetal position and call it a day.

sue said...

What a debacle this was turning out to be. Seething with anger at the incompetence of the briefcase manufacturer I was grateful that the parachute appeared to be functioning as expected. Unfortunately, a brisk wind began gusting up the canyon ...

Sue: An A-Z of Climate Matters

Paul Hafalla said...

Debacle it is, so interesting to read.
do check out my E at GAC a-z

Jessica Salyer said...

I like your sentence too. Thanks for coming by.

Jessica Salyer said...

I do!

Jaycee DeLorenzo said...

Well, I looked and looked and looked and can't find an origin for it, just the meaning of getting over the most difficult part of something, such as a week. Oh, well. Can't find them all. :D