Tuesday, April 3, 2012

C is For Classified

In case you're just joining us, you can go HERE for more in depth instructions. Or quickly, each day I will give you a word with the definition. In the comments please leave a sentence containing the word of the day and hopefully something to do with the previous sentences. Each night at 10pm CST, I will pick a sentence randomly and together we will write a story. Each day I will give you the previous sentences and at the end of the 26 days we will see what kind of story we came up with together. Are you excited, I know I am. 
Don't worry today word's not classified. :)



C- Classified: arranged in categories, or available only to certain people.

photo credit

Yesterday's sentence comes from mindthagap and is: Losing my balance, I plummeted to the darkest recesses of the canyon.

Here's our story so far:  

The alpha coefficient was too high; the risk too great. Losing my balance, I plummeted to the darkest recesses of the canyon.


Thanks for stopping by. I hope your A to Z Challenge is going great!




22 comments:

Clare said...

You're doing really well with this so far. Can't wait to see how it progresses.

Okay, here is my sentence containing "Classified."

Steve suck into the headmaster's office. Finding the folder marked classified, he took out his school report.

jabblog said...

This is tightrope-walking writing - a good challenge and unusual, too.

M.J. Fifield said...

This is going to be a very interesting story to read at the end of the month.

Every time I hear the word 'classified', the first thing that pops into my head is

"That's classified. I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you."


M.J. Fifield
My Pet Blog

Matthew MacNish said...

The alpha coefficient was too high; the risk too great. Losing my balance, I plummeted to the darkest recesses of the canyon.

...

I had to release my tenuous grip on the briefcase, so I could pull my chute in my panic; it spilled classified papers all over the floor of the ravine when it exploded on impact.

Jessica Salyer said...

Thanks. I can't wait to see where this goes too.

Fairview said...

My disappearance would be classified as a suicide if I couldn't latch onto something, NOW.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I wasn't classified as missing for a week.

Lauren S. said...

The alpha coefficient was too high; the risk too great. Losing my balance, I plummeted to the darkest recesses of the canyon. My only thought as I sped downwards was that Maggie would never know of my death; since I was technically not even supposed to be alive, my death would be classified information.

DL Hammons said...

I classified my situation as extremely perilous.

:)

Elise Fallson said...

I classified my emotions and concentrated on flying. :P

Krista McLaughlin said...

"Classified, my butt - this was an... interesting scenario."

This is so much fun!

Debra Harris-Johnson said...

Her thoughts were classified, only she knew the whole truth.

Gal_on_the_Go said...

I landed hard, and as I struggled to endure the blinding pain I classified my injuries - mortal, debilitating or irritating- I had them all.

What a great idea for the challenge! Good luck!

Jessica Salyer said...

Great sentence. Thanks!

Jessica Salyer said...

Thanks. I'm having fun with this too!

Jessica Salyer said...

Nice! Thanks!

kmckendry said...

I could only hope that the silver cylinder with "classified" written all over it would finally be of some use to me, it sure had caused nothing but trouble up until now.

This is a great idea! Can't wait to see how it turns out!

Patsy said...

What I said when I struck the bottom wouldn't be classified as 'suitable vocabulary for the esily offended'.

mindthagap said...

yay! My sentence was chosen! I feel like a rock star! :)

Jessica Salyer said...

LOL. Love it.

Jessica Salyer said...

You are a rock star! :)

Sarah Pearson said...

If I lived through this, I would finally find out why the canyon was classified as a no-go zone.