Monday, April 2, 2012

B is For Balance

If you learn to balance all your obligations, I'm sure you'll do great this A to Z Challenge



In case you missed the last couple of blogs here's what I'm doing for the challenge. Each day I will give you a word with the definition. It will start will the letter of that day. In the comments please leave a sentence containing the word of the day and hopefully something to do with the previous sentences. Each night at 10pm CST, I will pick a sentence randomly and together we'll write a story. Each day I'll give you the previous sentences and at the end of the 26 days we will see what kind of story we came up with together. Sound like fun? I'm excited to see if it works. I need your help though, without your comments/sentences this won't work, so make sure you visit every day. Hopefully at the end we'll have a great story.


photo credit

B-Balance: a state of equilibrium or equipoise; equal distribution of weight, amount, etc.
 
Yesterdays sentence was chosen from Fairview and is:

 The alpha coefficient was too high; the risk too great.

I put the number of all the entrants into a hat and my daughter drew the number.

Make sure you come back tomorrow to see what our story is so far and to leave your sentence.

Hope your A to Z blogging is going great!

17 comments:

mindthagap said...

Love this idea! Here's my sentence:

Losing my balance, I plummeted to the darkest recesses of the canyon.

Elise Fallson said...

I immediately recalculated before losing my balance.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Blogging is all about balance, because you could seriously hurt yourself falling out of your chair.

Krista McLaughlin said...

The incorrect balance would destroy them if she couldn't stabilize it.

farawayeyes said...

Great concept. Too much balance and you turn out square.

Misha Gericke said...

Great theme!

The balance between right and wrong is sometimes a precarious one. :-)

Jessica Salyer said...

Nice sentence. Thanks.

Jessica Salyer said...

Nice! Thank you.

Jessica Salyer said...

I like it. Thanks, Elise.

Fairview said...

Yay! Like my writing skills had anything to do with being picked. Not!. But I'm still a winner, right? (bows). Here's my entry:

"One miscalculated number and the balance between man and god, good and evil, heaven and hell would all be thrown into disarray."

Lauren S. said...

The alpha coefficient was too high; the risk too great. And besides, I was about to lose my balance. I stepped off the bridge and reconsidered my impending suicide.

- Lauren @Word Art

David Macaulay said...

My balance was compromised; my judgment was no longer sound. And with that realization the rapids below me suddenly seemed very close.

(that kind of thing? - great idea BTW)

Sarah Pearson said...

But lack of balance had never stopped me before.

Jaycee DeLorenzo said...

Great idea! I'll contribute soon!


Happy Monday!

My A-Z

DL Hammons said...

There was no balance, no equalizer.

Debra Harris-Johnson said...

The alpha coeficient was too high; the risk too great. There was little chance of getting back on balance after you've murdered your father, yet she was determined to try.
dreamweaver

Brooke R. Busse said...

I love Alex's because it was funny but I wish Debra's had been the one to move on.

(I had to go back a bit because I fell behind on some days.)