Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Getting Ready For the A to Z Challenge

Do you know what next week is? It's the A to Z challenge, of course. I was filled with trepidation when I thought about doing this. How could I possibly blog 26 out of 30 days? Now however, I'm super excited! Why you ask... because I have an awesome plan.


Each day, I will give you a word (and the definition) that corresponds with that day's letter. You in turn will write a sentence in the comments containing that word. The hard part is the sentences have to make up a story with the previous days sentences. Each night at 10 PM CST, I will randomly pick a sentence from the comments. The next day, I will give you the previous sentences and at the end of the 26 days we will have a short story. For example: if the A word was apples and the sentence picked was "Zack loved to eat apples." On the next day I will give you the apples sentence and the word for B. I have all the words for the month already picked. They were randomly chosen; either I picked the first word that popped in my head for that letter or I perused a dictionary. I made some words simple and some words a little more difficult, with no common thread. Good luck. I can't wait to see what you come up with.

Sound fun? I think so. Are you up to the challenge? I am! There is only one problem... I can't do this without you. I need you to stop by each day and give me the sentences. Think you can do this? :) I hope so.

Are you doing the A to Z Challenge? Do you have a theme planned out or are you winging it? Looking forward to it or dreading it? See you next week.

30 comments:

Elise Fallson said...

This sounds like such a fun idea! I'll definitely participate when I can. I would also love to take part in the A-Z challenge but am still debating over it. I want to do it, but it scares me at the same time. lol!

Natalie Aguirre said...

Sounds like you have a fun plan. I'll stop by when I can.

Melissa Bradley said...

What a fun plan! Now if only I could get my plan together. Yikes! And I'm moving on the 14th, too. Moving and the A to Z...I'm doomed.

J. A. Bennett said...

How fun! You are a braver woman than I!

Fairview said...

How clever. I will definitely stop by!

Jessica Salyer said...

Sounds like you're busy! Good luck. I'm sure you'll do great!

Jessica Salyer said...

I was really nervous about it too, until I came up with my plan. Now I have most of my posts done. I just have to go in each day and fix the sentences. Good luck!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That is really creative! Bring it on.

Krista McLaughlin said...

Very imaginative! :)

DL Hammons said...

I'm all set! :)

Arlee Bird said...

This sounds like it could be intriguing.


Lee
An A to Z Co-Host
Tossing It Out

Jessica Salyer said...

Thanks!

Jessica Salyer said...

Thanks!

Jessica Salyer said...

Thanks, Alex.

Sarah Pearson said...

I'll be here whenever I can - and I'm definitely winging it :-)

Slam Dunk said...

Sounds like you'll have fun with this; 26 is quite a feat. Good skill with the challenge.

Pearson Report said...

Hi Jessica - Just dropping in to say Welcome to the A-Z Challenge. I'm looking forward to seeing what you have in store for us.

Cheers, Jenny @ Pearson Report
Co-Host of the Blogging from A to Z Challenge.

Jaye Robin Brown said...

I love these sort of round robin stories - will def stop in!

Hope Roberson said...

What a cool idea for the A to Z Challenge! Thanks for the follow at Falling For Fiction :)

elizabeth seckman said...

I wanted to do this, but I am so far behind on all things, I hate to start something I won't be able to put real effort into, so I am skipping. :(

Brooke R. Busse said...

Are you going to be choosing the sentence you like best or choosing one at random? If the latter, you could just pick a random number every day, count your comments until you got to that number, then go with that commenter's sentence.

This is a great idea! Going to be so so fun. -sings-

Jessica Salyer said...

Great! I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.

Rachel Morgan said...

That sounds like a FANTASTIC theme! Wow! Creative, clever, short, interesting, fun... people are gonna love this one :-)

Jarm Del Boccio said...

Yes, this does sound exciting...hope I can make it at least a couple of times to your posts. I feel overwhelmed!

Martha said...

I'm stopping by from today's A-Z challenge post. It's almost time! I'm following :)

Jaclyn Mullen said...

Nice to connect with you as a result of the A to Z challenge. My name is Jaclyn, I am an LA based entrepreneur/creative/aspiring author and will be participating in it myself. Love how you are getting your readers involved!! Best of luck to you this month. Total A for effort thus far.

David Macaulay said...

This drove me a bit crazy last year but it was fun in retrospect - I'm probably being techno stuipd but I couldn't see the list of everyone taking part.

Jessica Salyer said...

Thank you so much. Good luck to you also. :)

Nancy said...

You can do it! Don't give up.

Jessica Salyer said...

Thanks!