Get Fired Up blogfest is being host by Melissa Sugar. It's all about helping a new blogger. So, I thought I'd give some tips that I wish I knew when I started.
Ways to get more followers:
- Follow other people's blogs. People usually follow back.
- Comment on other people's blogs.
- Participate in blogfests. This has been the number one way I have gotten followers. (A to Z Challenge is coming up and will be a great way to get followers. Go HERE for more info.)
Some other helpful tips:
- Plan ahead, use the schedule option on your posts. You can write next weeks posts this week and have them automatically publish. (Expand post options at the bottom of the edit posts screen. Under post date and time click on scheduled at and then put in the time and date you would like it to self publish. When your done writing your post select publish post.)
- Attach an email address to your name. It's much easier for people to respond to your comments. Plus, then you don't have to remember which posts you commented on and check back to see if they responded.
- Turn off the word verification for comments. It's annoying for people, plus it makes it difficult for people to comment on phones, iPads, etc. See this great post by J A Bennett on how to turn it off: http://j-a-bennett.blogspot.com/2012/02/how-to-turn-off-word-verfication-on.html
- Use google reader to help organize your followers. Even if you only have a few, I would suggest starting now so that you don't get overwhelmed when you get more. Here is a great post by Alex J. Cavanaugh on how to use this: http://alexjcavanaugh.blogspot.com/2012/02/how-to-handle-blog-followers.html
I've passed all my limited blogging knowledge on to my friend Kelly Kizer Whitt. So go check out her blog out if you get a chance. http://kellykizerwhitt.blogspot.com/
What tips do you wish you had when you started blogging?