Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year

Happy 2012! I hope you all had a safe and fun New Year.

Do you make New Year's resolutions? Are you going strong, it being the second day of the year? I don't really make resolutions. I never keep them so I figured why make them. I do however have some goals for this year, especially when it comes to my writing.

As far as goals for my book... I'd like to finish it. I am almost half way done. I did most of that this summer, so I  know I can do it. I just have to write. As for this blog... I'm going to post at least once a week. I am going to try to post on Wednesdays. Everything I've read says you should have a schedule, so I picked a day. I would also like to try to have some guest bloggers, so if anyone is interested in writing something please e-mail me. I'm pretty open topic wise. Finally, I'm working on a couple of series that I am very excited about and can't wait to share with you. Hopefully, I will be posting these in the next couple of months.

I wish all the very best this 2012. May happiness find you where ever you are. May your dreams become reality and your nightmares become a distant memory. 

14 comments:

Chantele Sedgwick said...

Yay for goals! And it's nice to *meet* you! ;)

Writer J said...

I'm not sure I'll make any resolutions, other than to just write, and figure out what I'll be doing with my life. I don't really keep up on any resolutions that I make when I write them down. They seem so exciting--and then the excitement seems to die *shrugs*

Melissa Bradley said...

Happy New Year!! I wish you all the best on finishing your book and your other writing goals. I have to get my own writing organized, too, so I have set my resolutions to that end. Have a prosperous 2012 filled with all good things.

Alison Miller said...

I agree with you. I hate making resolutions and instead have goals. Mine is to finish draft 3 of my WIP. I'm at about 30% and want to become a hermit to finish!

Good luck with all of your goals! Happy New Year!

Jenny S. Morris said...

Sounds like a lot of fun things to come in 2012. Looking forward to it.

Roland D. Yeomans said...

Resolutions are what that road to a very hot place is paved with, aren't they? LOL. I hope your 2012 is healing, fun, and surprisingly wonderful. I, like you, have goals : to be kinder, wiser, stronger, and a more productive writer -- Roland

Patsy said...

Lots of resolutions for me - do more, do it better is the main theme.

Julius Cicero said...

I refuse to partake in the resolution rituals. I live life the way I want to, no regrets. Why change that? May your 2012 be filled with good fortune and publishing.
Julius

LynNerdKelley said...

I gave up making New Year's resolutions a long time ago. Sounds like everything is going great with your writing and blogging. You're off to a great start for 2012!

Sarah Pearson said...

Happy 2012 to you too, I know you can get the book finished.

Paul Tobin said...

I am sure you will complete the novel this year. Happy New Year

DL Hammons said...

I think you know my answer already. Same resolutions, different plan of attack. I'm still working on the how, but I've already made a couple of moves in preparation. :)

Nicole Zoltack said...

I posted my resolutions on my blog today. Good luck meeting your goals! Have an awesome 2012!

mish said...

Seems like you have a plan in the pipeline... at the end of the day, "simple is better" and more realistic, instead of a load of elaborate resolutions that go nowhere...