Friday, December 16, 2011

Déjà Vu Blogfest



This Blog is the awesome idea of DL Hammons, Katie Mills (Creepy Query Girl), Lydia Kang, and Nicole Ducleroir. The idea is to repost one of your favorite posts in case people missed it or they just started following you and the really good stuff was posted four months ago. I just started my blog about four months ago, so I don't have a lot to choose from. I decided to chose the first blog I wrote. It was an introduction to who I am and tells a little about what I am trying to do. I hope you enjoy it.


My first blog ever

   So, I am sitting down to write my first blog and I'm feeling a lot of pressure. I want it to be witty, captivating, and funny. (Even though I'm not that funny in person.) I begin to really start stressing out about it. I can't think of a single thing to write. Starring at the blank page until my eyes go blurry. Finally, I say forget it. (Not really forget, a different word but you get the picture) It can be anything I want it to be or say anything I want it to say....because, it's MY blog.
   Who am I? My name is Jessica and for over the past 10 years I have been a nurse. When I'm not being a nurse, I am a mom to three beautiful children and wife to my wonderful husband.  In my spare time I LOVE to read. I can't even tell you how many books I have read in my lifetime, a lot. When I was in high school I got yelled at for reading in class. My kids still get mad at me 'cause I 'm reading when they are trying to tell me something.
     I have always had a dream of some day writing a novel. Then I could decide how it went, who lived and died, who fell in love with who, etc. When I was younger, I must have started about 50 of them, never getting past the first chapter. Never believing for one second that I could actually do it. Well, now I am.
    I decided to jump off the deep end and go after my dream. In the end it may never be published and only a handful of people may read it, but I'll have done it for me. I decided to blog about my adventure here. So, come along with me as I am just following a dream.

10 comments:

Juliann Wetz said...

Jessica, I found this through Deja Vu, and I just have to tell you -- I got in trouble at school for reading, too!! I was a first grader. Guess what my punishment was? I had to stay inside during recess and clean all the books out of my desk.

Punishment? Hardly! It kinda whet my appetite for detention. :)

Heather Day Gilbert said...

Deja Vu-er, here (#33--Heather Day Gilbert). Also wife/mom to 3 kiddos and writer. I LOVE your background flowers on this blog!!! Wish I knew how to get more creative w/my blog backgrounds. Anyway, nice to find you. My blog is all about moms who are trying to get that first masterpiece out there! It's a journey but it's SO worth it! We grow as we go!

mish said...

I don't read as much as I used to...
So many books - so little time *sighs*

The Golden Eagle said...

Great post. :)

I love reading, too--I can't go a day without picking up a book.

Lydia Kang said...

I loved your post! I thought more people would post their #1 post but actually it's been pretty rare today.

Thanks so much for joining the Blogfest!

DL Hammons said...

I really enjoyed this! I used to read comic books, A LOT of comic books, and my favorite stories were always ORIGIN stories. Where and how the super heroes got their powers or abilities. I've blogged about this once, that each of us writers have an origin story. This one was yours!

Thank you for deciding to participate in our blogfest! Yours was a very worthy addition!! :)

Sarah said...

I'm so glad you (re)posted this so I got a chance to see it! I love reading how people started out. Nice to meet you, Jessica!

Julius Cicero said...

I loved this post! I'm in the same boat: I can write stories, but a blog is much more challenging. I don't know why, but I think it has a lot to do with representing yourself as a writer. Some posts do come easy, while others are as difficult as decoding nuclear physics in Latin.
Enjoy your weekend!
Julius

Sarah Pearson said...

The first post is the hardest :-)

Nancy Thompson said...

I loved this last blogfest!
Happy holidays, Jessica!