Wednesday, November 30, 2011

What I'm Reading #2

  So, last week I went to visit my Grandmother for Thanksgiving. It was so nice to see my family. (I love you Grandma!!) Anyway, we have very similar tastes in books, so we swap a lot. While there, I bought the new Nora Roberts book, The Next Always. I was really sad though, when I realized after I was 3 hours away, that I forgot the book at her house...I was 3/4 done. Grandma to the rescue, she read it quickly and sent it to me. It should be here tomorrow. :)


    I love Nora Roberts books. They are the great romance novel, with every once in a while a little supernatural mixed in there. This one is no different (from what I read). It's the first in a trilogy about the Montgomery brothers. This one is about Beckett, he and his brothers are restoring an old inn. Ever since he was fifteen he has had a crush on Clare, but she had always been with someone else. She is back in town now, a widow with three young boys. Sparks fly between them and he finally gets his wish. There are sub plots galore, including a ghost. It's a great easy read. Now, if I could only find out how it end.  :)





     I like to read on my iPhone. So, I am constantly downloading books off of the free top 100 chart, where I ran across this one. Foolish Notions is a great contemporary romance. This book is about a powerful CEO named James. His mom recently got diagnosed with cancer and moved in with him. Trying to find a nurse to take care of her while on chemo, his mom suggests Samantha, his ex-girlfriend. Unfortunately, he is still heartbroken over her walking out on him a year ago. Samantha is also still broken hearted over walking out on him and the reason she did it. She takes the job as a favor to his mom. Only, living together is harder than either of them bargained on.

    Aris's characters are very likable. Her story immediately drew me in and wouldn't let go. In fact I did something I haven't done in a long time... stayed up late to read the rest of it. You can feel the pain and need that the characters are going through, and go through it right along with them. I really enjoyed this book. If you want to check out this great up and coming writer here is her website http://www.awhittier.blogspot.com .

If you like a great romance novel be sure to check these out! What have you read this week?

2 comments:

Aris Whittier said...

Woo-Hoo! You just made my day. Don't you LOVE books that keep you up all night! The last book that kept me up was Smokin' Seventeen by Janet Evanovich.

DL Hammons said...

You read on your iPhone? I hope you have good glasses!! :)