Wednesday, August 24, 2011

My first blog ever

   So, I am sitting down to write my first blog and I'm feeling a lot of pressure. I want it to be witty, captivating, and funny. (Even though I'm not that funny in person.) I begin to really start stressing out about it. I can't think of a single thing to write. Starring at the blank page until my eyes go blurry. Finally, I say forget it. (Not really forget, a different word but you get the picture) It can be anything I want it to be or say anything I want it to say....because, it's MY blog.
   Who am I? My name is Jessica and for over the past 10 years I have been a nurse. When I'm not being a nurse, I am a mom to three beautiful children and wife to my wonderful husband.  In my spare time I LOVE to read. I can't even tell you how many books I have read in my lifetime, a lot. When I was in high school I got yelled at for reading in class. My kids still get mad at me 'cause I 'm reading when they are trying to tell me something.
     I have always had a dream of some day writing a novel. Then I could decide how it went, who lived and died, who fell in love with who, etc. When I was younger, I must have started about 50 of them, never getting past the first chapter. Never believing for one second that I could actually do it. Well, now I am.
    I decided to jump off the deep end and go after my dream. In the end it may never be published and only a handful of people may read it, but I'll have done it for me. I decided to blog about my adventure here. So, come along with me as I am just following a dream.

2 comments:

Fiona Li said...

Starting a blog is hard, I mean, what do people put in that first entry anyway? For me, it was slightly easier as I could blab on about my fail relationship with technology.
Welcome to the blogosphere though!

Jessica Salyer said...

Thanks Fiona. I appreciate it!